NBI Academy: 5-Week Live Program
September 12 - October 12, 2023
The 5-week live NBI Academy free training program aims to empower policy-makers, infrastructure planners, and investors to appreciate and analyze the economic performance and co-benefits of NBI, in comparison with “built” or “grey” infrastructure.
The live program will take place from September 12 to October 12, 2023, featuring 90-minute sessions at 2 p.m. GMT on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
It will focus on one of the five course modules per week: nature-based infrastructure, infrastructure planning, systems thinking and system dynamics models, climate data and spatial modeling, and financing NBI. The live program combines the interactive sessions with self-paced learning materials, so you will use these to prepare or to reflect on the session.
The live sessions give you the opportunity to ask questions to experts from the NBI Global Resource Centre, exchange experiences with other participants from around the world, and dive deeper into the course topics through interactive exercises.
Please register if you would like to take part in the program. You will receive a login to this site where you can access all of the materials and program schedule. Once logged in, you will be able to access the Zoom link where you can sign up for the live sessions.
The training is free of charge and you will be awarded with a certificate after the course is completed. You can attend selected sessions only, but we strongly recommend you join for the entire program.
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify nature-based infrastructure (NBI) and its opportunities for climate adaptation and sustainable development.
- Make the case for NBI by explaining its potential economic, environmental, and social benefits.
- Understand the risk profile and the climate resilience benefits of NBI compared to grey infrastructure.
- Explain the basics of systems thinking, system dynamics models, spatial analysis, climate data and financial modelling applied to NBI.
- Appreciate the results of integrated cost-benefit analyses for NBI.
- Use case studies of NBI projects from across the world as context for their work.